Careful attitude to nature, minimization of negative impact of production operations is one of the most important activities of RosGeo.
Environmental activities of RosGeo are based on specifics of the geological exploration work, including regional geological and geophysical surveys, climatic and socio-economic characteristics of the regions. RosGeo adheres to the principles of environmental management and protection, the Company performs the activities in accordance with the requirements of Russian environmental law,s and regulations, international environmental standards, as well as the Holding Environmental Policy of developed on the basis of these documents.
Effective environmental activities are inextricably linked to the implementation of environmentally oriented management systems that ensure the safe and sustainable development of the Holding. In these purposes the Holding has implemented the environmental management system (EMS) that meets the requirements of international standard ISO 14001: 2015 (DQS) and GOST R ISO 14001-2016.
THE ENVIRONMENT PROTECTION MANAGEMENT SYSTEM IS BASEDON THE PRINCIPLES AS FOLLOWS:
- compliance with applicable environmental legislation, environmental rules and regulations of the Russian Federation and the international legal instruments in the field of environmental protection;
- priority of taking precautionary measures over the measures to eliminate the environmental negative impacts;
- availability of environmental information on production activities for all stakeholders;
- pursuit and strengthening of positive environmental reputation;
- rationale environmental management;
- ensuring a favorable environment as a necessary condition for improving the quality of the public health.
The achievement of the environmental objectives is accomplished by implementation of environmental measures to improve the environment protection management system.
- conduct of environmental monitoring at the Holding facilities;
- arrangement of artificial reproduction of aquatic biological resources in order to compensate th damage caused to aquatic bioresources and their habitat in the course of the geological exploration activities;
- supervision of the activities in production and consumption waste management in accordance with the requirements of the Russian laws and regulations.